Wednesday, January 4, 2012

How to store your precious Ambrotypes

Making nice plates in one thing, but storig them in a proper way is at least that important.
Although your plates are varnished, it's very important to store your plates safely.
I bought my envelopes from the Dutch fotomuseum. They are acid free and have the exact European size ( 18 x 24 cm ).
They also sell smaller sizes !
Here you can order them : http://www.nederlandsfotomuseum.nl/component/option,com_nfm_verpakkingen/Itemid,794/lang,nl/index.php?option=com_nfm_verpakkingen&sub=detail&Itemid=794&id=233

I print the actual picture at the front. Just by using my laserprinter and at the back i print some additional information.
I use a safe shockproof aluminium case to store them vertical.
Storing them this way doesn't take you much space and they are safe.



No comments:

Post a Comment