Sunday, December 25, 2011

I finally found "Her".......

After a long search i finally found a suitable lens for my 20x20”Donchev camera.
This is a 24” early Voigtlander petzval which was produced aprox in the year 1864.
This lens is massive. I thought my 20inch Hermagis was big. This one is huge.
The glass is in execptional good shape. No separation, fungus or what so ever.
It came with one original waterhouse stop.


Some specs:
Weight :                         8,3 kilo
Height:                           39 cm
Diameter lens hood:        19 cm
Flange diameter:             23 cm
Serial number:                12540

Focal lenght                    24"
F-stop                             aprox 5.2 (because of waterhouse slot)


If anyone can supply me the exact production date of this lens, please let me know.
Just to show how massive this lens is, the lens next to the Voigtlander is my Dallmeyer 3B





No comments:

Post a Comment